Updated on Nov 19, 2018
Scope and Consent
This policy describes the ways Evergreen ATM LLC Doing Business As (DBA) GetCoins, hereinafter, “GetCoins”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, store, use and protect Personally Identifiable Information. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that GetCoins complies with applicable United States (US) Federal and State regulations, and European Union (hereinafter: “EU”) data protection laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”). GetCoins’ Services include Automated Teller Machine service, merchant processing services, products, or any other features, technologies or functionalities (hereinafter: “Services”) offered by GetCoins. Users accept this Policy by visiting our website and/or by using our Services.
There are two types of data subjects whose personal data we may process:
- Visitors of our website(s) (https://www.getcoins.com);
- GetCoins Wallet users that have downloaded and installedthe GetCoins app on their mobile device.
- GetCoins ATM users that have registered a profile and/or conducted any transactions at our Digital Currency ATM Machines.
What is “Personally Identifiable Information?”
“Personally Identifiable Information” (hereinafter: “Personal Data”) is any information that can be directly associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. A prime example of identifiable information is a person’s name.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The Personal Data we collect depends on the type of user:
VisitorsWe may collect the following Personal Data for visitors of our website(s) (https://www.getcoins.com):
- IP address
- Email address (e.g. when you submit a support or contact request)
- Phone number (e.g. when you submit a support or contact request)
- Name (e.g. when you submit a support or contact request)
- We may collect information about a visitor’s computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes.
Wallet holdersFor wallet holders, GetCoins may collect the following Personal Data:
- Email address
- The email address collection is not currently in effect. It may be available in future updates. When it becomes available, it is an optional opt-in service that allows the user to receive email notifications and (if selected) GetCoins news and products updates. Users will be able to opt-out at any point in time.
ATM UsersFor customer using out ATMs, GetCoins collects the following personal information:
- Your name;
- A copy of or information on your government-issued identification document;
- Your address;
- Your phone number;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your date of birth;
- Your tax identification number;
- Your transactional history;
- And any other personal information which we believe is necessary to maintain your account
Sensitive or special categories of personal data
GetCoins does not process any sensitive personal information, such as religion, race, ethnicity, and/or political views.
Why we collect personal information
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a secure, smooth efficient, and customized experience. We may use your Personal Data to:
- Allow you to open a transaction account;
- Enable you to complete transactions through our service;
- Conduct due diligence on and/or verify your identity;
- Conduct due diligence on your use of our services;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Provide the GetCoins Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Customize, measure, and improve the GetCoins Services, content, and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updated notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
How we protect and store personal information
We take data security very seriously. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We are a regulated Financial Institution in the United States and per the applicable Bank Secrecy Act provisions, we will retain Personal Data that has been obtained as a part of our Customer Identification Program for a period of five (5) years after an account has been closed or became dormant.
We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the GetCoins Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, you can simply opt-out from the communications.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but you can set your browser to decline them and can delete them whenever you like.
What type of cookies do we use?
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with you use of our website. We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
You may encounter cookies from third parties when using the GetCoins Services on websites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page or application).
Managing your cookie settings
You can manage cookies through the settings of your Internet browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies, or delete all cookies.
For more information on cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit the following third party website: Your Online Choices.
Request a Copy of Personal Information
Upon your written request, we will inform you of the Personal Information relating to you that we hold and the use and general disclosure of your Personal Information. Upon written request, we will also give you a copy of the Personal Information we have retained (Personal Information, however, does not include information derived from Personal Information you provided or other information we may be prohibited by law from giving you). There may be a minimal charge for accessing and copying your Personal Information.
To communicate with our Data Protection Office, please email [email protected]. Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
In the United States, GetCoins is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Complaints may be submitted by completing the form that can be found here: www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
Changes to this policy
Questions about privacy?